I am so honored to have been nominated by three lovely ladies for the One Lovely Blog award. These women are amazing quilters and crafters and I enjoy reading their blogs every week. They are: Soma of Whims and Fancies; Colleen of Fancy Foot Farms; and Anne of Hudson Valley Quilts.
Soma’s free motion quilting is an inspiration to me and I love to see what new project she is working on. Check out her music mini quilts – they are so cool.
Colleen is a member of the Bee Hive Swarm I am participating in this year. She is an amazing sewist – you should see the sweet zipper pouch she made for my month as Queen!
Anne does amazing hand quilting and I really enjoy seeing her precise stitching. One day I will try hand quilting because of her inspiring posts of her work.
Please visit their blogs and leave a comment letting them know you were there; us bloggers love comments!
The “rules” for accepting this nomination are simple. If you accept an award, then you write a blog post and:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Share seven things about yourself that your readers might not know.
3. Choose approximately 10 blogs to nominate for the award. You can nominate less than ten….just do what feels right for you. What feels right for me is to list blogs I try to read every post on. I don’t always comment (I know, bad blogger!), but these ladies are very inspirational to me. I have been fortunate to develop relationships with some of them and I’m very thankful to the quilting/blogging community for providing me the opportunity to meet some wonderful people.
So…..on to the 7 things you might not know:
1. I have three younger sisters, and one older and one younger brother. As the oldest girl I often feel the need to ‘mother’ my siblings, a trait neither they nor I appreciate! 🙂
2. I love music. Just about any genre. My playlist has a mix of Christian, Reggae, Hip Hop, Pop, Country, Classical, and Alternative. I use Shazam on my phone to identify music no matter where I am – restaurants, dressing rooms, restrooms, it doesn’t matter. If I hear it and like it, I Shazam it!
3. I can’t sing a single note on key. I don’t let this stop me from belting out the words to songs when the mood strikes. Hubby thinks I’m nuts and I will sing louder just because I know how much he loves to hear me…..
4. German Shepherd dogs are my favorite breed. I am a dog person but my husband is not. We have had 3 German Shepherds, 1 Newfoundland, and 1 rescue dog since we’ve been married. We lost our last dog, Sara, two years ago and are no longer pet parents. Losing her and her brother Amos was hard and we have decided not to adopt any more animals. (At least not until the next time.) 🙂
5. I used to be a runner and completed two half marathons. My fastest average pace ever was about a 10 minute mile and my nickname was Turtle 1. Turtle 2 is my sister-in-law Karen.
6. I love to try new recipes, although I don’t consider myself a very good cook. My favorite recipes to try are those by Gordon Ramsey, Ina Garten, and Ree Drummond. Ina has a recipe for Brownie Pudding that is to die for. Seriously. It is THAT good!
7. I’m generally a quiet and shy person. I prefer to hang in the background when in a group and listen and watch the people around me. Sometimes I wish I was more outgoing.
Now you know seven more things about me than you did…I hope it doesn’t scare you away!
Here’s the fun part….my nomination list. I read so many blogs each day, if I would actually stop reading I could probably get more sewing done. But what’s the fun in that?? As I said before, these ladies provide me such inspiration. I hope they know how much I look forward to their posts.
Jasmine @ Quilt Kisses
Judy @ Quilt Paradigm (Judy has already been nominated and written her post, but I had to include her!)
HydeeAnn @ Splish Splash Stash
LeeAnne @ Devoted Quilter
LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color
Chelsea @ Patch the Giraffe
Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl (Yvonne has also already been nominated. Yvonne was one of the very first bloggers I started following – she just had to be included on my list!)
Julie @ Pink Doxies (Julie has been nominated by another blogger, but I wanted to include her too. She has recently revamped her blog; be sure to check it out!)
Rachel @ Quiltineering
If you are still reading, thank you so much for hanging out with me today. I hope you visit these blogs and let them know you stopped by. I know you’re going to find some great new blogs to follow. I’m off to let them know they’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award!