Good Monday everyone! Today I want to share some bits and pieces of my current project. Lately I’ve gotten away from sharing the process of the few quilts I make and I thought you might like to see the quilt as it comes together instead of just a ‘Ta-Da! Here’s the finished quilt’. I know I always like to see projects in progress and I hope you might as well.

Several weeks ago I bought a stack of Bohemian Rhapsody fabric. It’s a line of ombre prints that I fell for as soon as I spied them. I had a plan when I bought the fabric, but didn’t have yardage calculated. I ended up buying several yards to use. I mean, no one wants to run out of fabric in the middle of a project, right?

The first blocks I made were these pinwheel blocks.

The fabric fades from dark to light, selvedge to selvedge. For these blocks I’m using the lighter side of the green, as well as the light side of the background print. I made the half square triangles using the 4 at a time method which is so fast and easy. The only thing about making them this way is that you will be dealing with all bias edges. It’s a good method when you only need to make a few or when you’re adding them to other elements within a block. This keeps the edges from being stretched out of whack. (How do you like that technical term? 🙂 )

Next up are (more) half square triangles and four patch blocks. These HST’s were made two at a time, and the four patches I pieced using strips. The color here is called Ocean and this is the lightest side of the fabric. You can see the darker end in the next picture.

I’m not quite sure what to call these blocks. I’ve been referring to them as my wedge blocks. The picture shows the pieces before and after they are sewn. The blocks are going to be the border for my quilt and I had a plan for the way they would fit in the quilt. Then my sister came to visit and rearranged some of the blocks on the design wall and now I’m looking at that border in a different light. Funny how that works, right?

I don’t have all the blocks made for the quilt yet, but I have started to sew a section together. I always get so impatient to see how everything is going to look together. I’ll share more of it with you as I make progress.

In addition to finding time for some personal sewing, I managed to finish several customer quilts last week, and sew bindings to three of them! So I’m feeling just the teeniest bit accomplished! And you know I have to share at least one of those finishes with your or I would feel like this post was incomplete….

One of my favorite finishes was this Dresden table runner for Lura (nope, not a misspelling). I did some marking of the crosshatch with a chalk pencil, and then used my favorite rulers from The Quilted Pineapple to stitch the crosshatch. It doesn’t show well in the first picture, but does better on the second.

Here’s the view on the back:

Talk about drool-worthy! It’s a good thing Lura has her table runner or I would spend waaaay too much time petting all that texture. 🙂

Now, here’s an update to my sewing room makeover. Hubby got the TV mounted on the wall (there’s a story that goes with that), and also got the pegboard on the wall for my rulers. Here’s the pegboard pic; the TV pic has to wait until I get the cord hide-away kit thingy that I ordered.

Pegboard organization of quilting rulers & templates.

Now these rulers are off my cutting table and look so much more organized. It’s coming together slowly but surely!

Now it’s your turn to share the projects you’ve been working on. You can link up any blog post, Instagram or Flickr pic – here’s how:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter